25th Military Police Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
25th Military Police Regiment

Forum for the 25th Military Police Regiment, based outside of Malton (Urban Dead Group)

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real 25th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex M.
Corporal
Corporal

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:39 am

Ha, ha, ha! What a coincidence! That was my first reaction when I saw the name of this group in wiki. "What's the catch?"-you may ask. I'll explain.
Some time before I've watched several zombie movies and soon after, while surfing internet, get a grip on this Urban Dead game. Those movies made impresion on me, so I've decided to take a look at the game, to see what it's look like.
At beggining it was interesting, but after some time become a little boring without basic "know-how" informations. So, it was logic step to consult wikipedia how things work here. After brief look I was amazed that this is fairly old game, with it's own history and good role-playing potential. At this point I've set up background, believing that good elements of role-playing need to have (less/more) foundations in real life facts.
Soon after, while observing list of groups found this, and found myself both amused and astonished. Why? Well, I was serving army in 25th MP three years ago )). And that is not all-considdering virtual city of Malton and real 25th MP, I am completely sure that my former unit would act exactly the same way as this group, because of proper training and regular assignements. So, I've made decision to present you general overview of this unit (whoooh, I am little tired of all this typing. I will make a little pause. If you are interested in this thread, please let me know, so I will continue. Otherwise... well, it would spare me another long story))))
Back to top Go down
Eirikus
Colonel/Admin
Colonel/Admin

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:52 am

Don't u know? Malton is in England Razz

I would like to hear that story.
Back to top Go down
leehype
Colonel/Admin
Colonel/Admin
leehype

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:29 pm

I fix airplanes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.leehype.com
Eirikus
Colonel/Admin
Colonel/Admin

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:57 am

Alex just outta curiousity ur Serbian right?

Did you fight in the war with Croatia?
Back to top Go down
Colonel Lee
Colonel/Admin
Colonel/Admin
Colonel Lee

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 1:00 pm

leehype wrote:
I fix airplanes...

I want to guide airplanes in bombing runs (Forward Air Controller, RAF Regiment) Smile

And yes, i would like to hear more of this story;)
Back to top Go down
https://25mpr.forumotion.com
Alex M.
Corporal
Corporal

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:31 pm

Well, let's proceed. First of all: 25th batallion MP where I was been is unit of Army of Serbia, short VS (before Yugoslavia breaks apart it was unit of Yugoslav National Army-JNA) as an element of the Guardian Brigade. GB is located in capital, generaly assigned to secure important objects in time of peace and defend capital city in time of war. That make this unit as elite, and of special distinction, and since MP is considered special force on its own, it made me elite on square, lol.
General look-black leather boots, panama helmet, camouflage coloured uniform (unlike regular troops which stil wear old JNA helmets and olive-grey suit),MP related insignias and black beret. Last one is most distinktive part of MP dress, which I will explain hereafter.
Soldier of VS cover his head with beret, and it's color designate his relation. Olive-grey beret belong to regular army members (infantry, artillery and armour), red one is for special units (airborne, commandos, Guardian Brigade excluding 25th batt.), grey-blue is for Combat Airforce and AA Defence, and black beret is for Military Police.
As a member of somewhat double-time elite unit, even training and equipment looks that way (particulary training, bwahahaha...)). Training is consisted of excesive physical drill, combat tactic-especially urban warfare and close combat, various small arms training (advanced pistol training), unarmed combat and non-fire weapons, and last, but not least-Rules of Engagement, regulations and application. Last one makes regular GI shiver on even distant apearing of black beret, lol.
During army time two pieces of arms were at regular, everyday disposal: M-70 7.62mm assault rifle (domestic version of famous Kalasnikov) and closest MP friend- CZ-99 9mm pistol (one of the best of it's kind), btw close relative of Swiss Sig Sauer and Israeli Jericho pistols. Also had training with M-84 machine gun (known as "Cecily" )), M-54 pistol (exact copy of soviet TT-33 Tokaroff), Scorpion-nasty little smg, and PASP M-76 7,9mm (sniper rifle, domestic version of soviet Dragunov), which makes me very proud because only hawkeyes had oportunity and honour to train with it.
After drill and training period I was transfered from training company to unit with regular assignements. It's main tasks are related to securing important objects, mostly army HQ and Ministry of Defence, I was assigned at MoD. Also, we were asigned for VIP protection, and we were always at disposal as rapid response unit for common security breach anywhere in the capital (but, tbh, units of MP are considered to be in high state of alert even in the peacetime, which is clearly pointed in MP insignias). I've had that situation several times, and it was quite adrenaline rush.)
I have few more things to add, but for the end of this part I would like to say that, tnx to my real experience have several sugestions which would surely improve efectivness of our group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Real 25th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real 25th   Real 25th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real 25th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
25th Military Police Regiment :: 25 MPR :: Mess Hall-
Jump to: